Ready for a new computer and would like to migrate your Pagico data to the new computer? Here's a step-by-step tutorial on the data migration.
Backing up your Database
During this migration process, you should not lose any data. However, now is a good opportunity to make an extra copy of your database just in case.
Migrating the Database
1) Locate your database on the old computer. If you aren't sure where that is, you can launch Pagico and use the menu commands File -> Close database to return to the Welcome screen. There you can see your recent DBs and their paths.
On Mac, your database looks like a piece of paper with a letter "p" on it. On Ubuntu or Windows, your database looks like a folder with an extension name of ".pgco".
2) Copy the entire database (the .pgco folder) to your new computer, perhaps into the Documents folder or anywhere you like.
3) Install & launch Pagico on the new computer. Then use the "Open an existing database" button to open the migrated database.
4) Once you're in, you should see all your data by now. If you previously had workspaces configured for data sync, please read on the steps below to restore the data sync.
Restoring the Workspace Sync
When opening your migrated database, Pagico will notice that this database is no longer on the original computer, so it's going to prompt you this and recommend that you should disabled the workspace sync. You can enable the workspace sync feature but the sync will not work as your have a new computer ID at this point.
5) Go to the Preferences section and sign in with your Pagico ID account, then choose to resume your old identity when prompted. That should finish the connection to your workspace.
You're all set now! Once you've signed in with your Pagico ID account, Pagico will also automatically retrieve your Inbox data for you.